Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Is working while in school beneficial?

Everyone knows that students, especially college students, have very little to no money, and to fix that problem many of them get jobs to support themselves so that they can have money to pay bills or simply go out on the town every once in a while. Although for some people, whose parents have money, do not face these sort of problems. They have the opportunity to focus on their studies and do pretty much whatever they want without having to worry about the financial aspect of things. I realize that many parents want their children to get the best education possible without having to worry about anything else but on the other hand I truly believe that working while being school is extremely beneficial to the student. It not only helps the student realize the value of money but of the hard work it takes to earn that money as well the responsibilities of having a job and all that goes with it.
I say this because when I went through school I had a job first in the summer but when my senior year came around I got a job after school, although it was only part time I learned a great deal about what it takes to pay for my own gas, car insurance, cell phone payments, etc; and without having worked I would not have learned what it means to budget or manage my with the many other activities I had on top of work and school. Even though I did not have to work, because I was already spoiled by my parents, I am very glad I had that experience so I am better prepared for life after school and away from the parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment