Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Trying to get a job

When applying for a job there are certain criteria to be expected from the person wanting employment as well as the employer who is doing the hiring. If you are the person in search of a job it is proper to show up well dressed, well mannered, prepared to answer any of the questions required of you, and have questions you might want to ask the employer. Like wise the employer should be ready to and able to fully explain the requirements of the job, how much they are willing to pay the employee, how many hours they will be expecting to work, etc.
Although this would be the most appropriate why to do business we all know that sometimes things do not go as planned no matter how well mannered or ready you are. For instance I recently applied for a job as a life guard at a pool where I had worked the previous year. The man doing the hiring was new but I had worked with him for a month before I had to leave for the summer and before I left he offered me the job next year when I came back. I was very pleased with this idea but when I came back the following year he treated me as a stranger. I persisted to ask him for the job and he kept making excuses and putting me off yet I did not deter. I was determined to get the job. Finally after putting me off on three separate occasions he finally gave me the job. Although I did every thing right there are just some people who are uncooperative. There is nothing else to do with those people but to persist until they say they are not going to hire you, for you just might actually get through to them eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment